Friday, February 06, 2009

Healing Properties of Belly Dance


There are many of us who have known for a long time that practicing belly dance can be very healing to body, mind and spirit. For myself, learning and practicing it, and now teaching belly dance, has been a wonderful healer of my body image, my sense of self, my confidence, my mood and my femininity...

Recently, in an on-line radio program which aired on Voice of America, Christy Cuellar-Wentz of Mommy-Muse, focused on this assertion. The program was developed in part to promote the Christy's new eBook "The Belly Dance Prescription: Shake your Hips and Depression".

Among the experts interviewed for the program were my good friend Michelle Maniaci of Nurturing Moves. Also included in the program were Delilah of Visionary Dance Productions, and Lisa Sarasohn - author of "The Woman's Belly Book". What a great line-up of guests, each who thoughtfully shared her wisdom about the benefits of belly dance.

No comments: