Thursday, November 06, 2008

Sisters Singing

Sisters Singing: Blessings, Prayers, Art, Songs, Poetry & Sacred Stories By Women

A while back I submitted a bit of writing to be included in this anthology edited by Carolyn Bright Flynn.

My contribution is titled "A Midwife's Invocation". It was originally a prayer that I wrote for myself during Midwifery school - I would use it before attending a birth. Later, I sort of fleshed it out with the intention of creating a peformance art piece comprised of music, belly dance and spoken word. (This project is still on the back burner...) But the written prayer was accepted and is included in this beautifual book. The book is now being released!

"This magical book is a well of blessings. Sit beside it, let down your bucket. Open it anywhere and you will hear their voices. Your sisters are singing, praying, murmuring stories, telling us, in a thousand ways, what we most need to know: that we belong to each other and to the living Earth.” --Joanna Macy, author World as Lover, World as Self

A Book launching celebration is taking place on November 8th in Santa Cruz, CA.

Learn more at SistersSinging or at WildGirlPublishing

No comments: